The history of Melitopol oil extraction plant began in November 1934 when a private oil mill was founded by entrepreneurs Vorobiev and Roberts.
The oil mill was reorganized into an artel "Promzhir" daily processing 35 tons of sunflower seeds.
The artel was reorganized into a state cotton and sunflower seeds processing plant.
Privatization of the plant
The plant was put into operation after restoration and renovation.
A hydrogenated fats shop with a capacity of 100 tons per day was put into operation.
Reconstruction of the plant
Reconstruction of the plant increased production capacity starting from receiving of raw materials to filtering and storage of sunflower oil. A new press section as well as a modern filtration section were installed and put into operation.
Nowadays, about 330 people work at the plant and it is one of the best city budget tax payers.
Besides, MOEP reached significant success on the market. Its goods are exported to such countries as the USA, Spain, Korea, China, India, the Netherlands, Poland and others.
Top managers of the plant pay serious attention to solution of social issues. The plant provides subsidized vouchers to health camps for children, sanatoriums, the plant recreation center as well as supports pensioners and workers financially. Capital repair of the canteen was carried out.
Top managers and the staff are actively involved into urban and regional activities and programs, assist sports organizations, national societies, educational and cultural institutions.